Hey friends! I meant to post this recipe yesterday, but I haven’t been feeling too well this week. Ugh. Today I’m feeling much better and am excited to share this deliciousness with you all! I have been making these HAWAIIAN CHICKEN MEAL PREP BOWLS for about a year. We went to Hawaii last June, so of course, we were eating healthy and exercising before to get into swimsuit shape. That’s when I came up with this recipe. We loved it so much I make it all the time now. 🙂
Seasoned barbecue chicken, bell pepper, fresh pineapple, red onion and zucchini noodles are all inside these easy and awesome meal prep bowls! I’ll make about 6 or 8 for Kale and I on a Monday and we’ll eat them for lunch or dinner during the week. They are so yummy and super healthy. I love that you can make healthy food taste so good, and that’s exactly what these bowls are. Sometimes I’ll use asparagus instead of the zucchini noodles. Either way, they’re totally worth making. I hope you guys give them a try soon!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 pound zucchini noodles OR 1 bundle fresh asparagus
- 8 glass or plastic containers with lids
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease skillet with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add diced bell pepper to skillet and continue to stir another few minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly among 8 containers. Divide the fresh pineapple, red onion evenly among the containers as well.
- If using fresh zucchini noodles add them to containers raw. When you reheat the bowls the zoodles will cook with the rest of the meal.
- (If using asparagus, season with olive oil, salt and pepper then bake in a preheated 350 F. degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before adding to bowls.)
- Seal each container with lids and place in the fridge. When ready to eat- remove lid and heat in microwave for 40 seconds or until heated through. Enjoy!
They stay good sealed tightly and refrigerated up to 4 days.
Filed Under: Chicken, Dinner, Easy, Eats, Healthy, Main Course, savory, Skinny Recipes, Summer, zucchini Tagged With: bbq, chicken, chicken bowls, dinner, eats, hawaii, Hawaiian Chicken Meal Prep Bowls, healthy, life in the lofthouse, main course, meal prep, recipes, skinny recipes