This dessert reminds me of my Dad. My Dad loves mint ice cream, and he’s also the one that introduced me to this heavenly stuff. When our city first got a Winger’s restaurant, about 14 years ago, I went to lunch there with Dad and after our meal he ordered this Asphalt pie for us. I think we downed it in about 36 seconds. No joke. 🙂
I’m not sure exactly how Winger’s makes their Asphalt Pie, but I made this copycat version at home with only 5 ingredients. It was super easy and super delish.
- 1 pre-made OREO cookie pie crust
- 1.5 quart container Mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Caramel Sauce
- 5 OREO Cookies, crushed
- Whipped Cream
- Leave ice cream out on the counter for about 30 minutes, or until softened enough to spread.
- Scoop ice cream into prepared OREO cookie pie crust, spreading out evenly. Place in freezer to set for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice into 8 pieces, and serve each piece with crushed oreos, drizzles of caramel sauce and whipped cream.