These tacos. How do I even begin to tell you about their deliciousness? Well, for starters they are my new fave and that is saying a lot. Grilled chicken, bacon, cheese, cilantro and barbecue sauce all packed in a flour tortilla. They’re so incredibly yummy and loaded with flavor!
Not only are these tacos totally tasty- they can be whipped up in no time. My sweet hubby called me on his way home from work last week and said he was starving. Too bad I didn’t have anything planned for dinner that night. (Yep, even food bloggers sometimes don’t plan meals. The horror! 😉 JK) So after I hung up the phone I opened the fridge and started pulling out the thawed chicken I had, the last few pieces of bacon and some flour tortillas. The rest is history. 🙂
When we sat down to eat these I had a bunch of smiling faces at our dinner table. What can I say? My family loves tacos and these ones did not disappoint! Kelsey and I drizzled a little ranch dressing over ours too, and that was a very very good decision. 😀
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked then chopped
- 1 cup shreded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 10 taco-size flour tortillas
- Barbecue sauce (use as much or little as you like)
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir chicken until no longer pink and thoroughly cooked.
- Warm flour tortillas in microwave. Place one tortilla on a plate. Add a few pieces of cooked chicken, a few tablespoons bacon and cheese. Top with cilantro and desired amount of barbecue sauce. Repeat with all tortillas and fillings.
- Serve tacos warm and enjoy!
- Yields: 10 Tacos