Summer is officially here! Well, for us here in Southern Utah anyway. 🙂 Yesterday was the last day of school for the kids and let me tell you, they were a little too excited. haha. But I don’t blame them one bit. After I picked them up from school we went to lunch and ran some errands in town. Not the funnest way to start off summer break, but today hopefully we’ll make up for it and go swimming.
Its also hotter than a hot tamale here as well. Another indication summer has arrived. We are already flying high in the 90 degree temps. I know we will be spending a lot of time at the pool and Momma will be doing most of my cooking where I don’t have to turn on the oven. This CALIFORNIA PASTA SALAD is a great example. No oven required for this AMAZING salad. I served it at a small barbecue we had Saturday night and it was a hit. It is fresh, healthy and packed with flavor. All of my favorite veggies are inside this delicious bowl of yum. I know I’ll bet making it a lot this summer.
- 1 pound bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 small cans sliced black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Zesty Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil pasta in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water then rinse in cold water. Place cooked and cooled pasta in a large serving bowl. Add all the diced veggies to pasta.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients. Pour over the pasta and veggies. Gently toss to combine everything. Cover with lid and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: THE RECIPE CRITIC