I’m tellin ya… sometimes you just need a fudgey.. gooey.. chocolatey brownie to make everything okay. You really do.
This past week has been crazy with work being so busy, all the house buying hoopla, and just knowing that I have to pack up my house and move in less than 2 weeks…. makes me crave chocolate.
I knew these brownies would make me feel better. They were so very delicious. I think I had more fun making them than eating them, but I’m weird like that.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate Glaze
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and chocolate at 30 second intervals, until melted. Stir together well.
- Using a whisk, stir in brown and granulated sugars into the melted chocolate. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture, just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let brownies cool completely before topping with glaze.
- For Chocolate glaze: In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and water. Stir until it is smooth and pourable. Pour glaze over the cooled brownies. Use the back of a spoon to spread evenly. Let stand (or place in fridge) until glaze is set. (About 30 minutes)
- Cut into 9 squares and serve. Enjoy!