There’s a bakery and cafe chain here in Utah called Kneaders. I’m totally obsessed with their food. They have the most delicious homemade breads, cookies, soups, sandwiches. You name it. Whenever I’m in need of a good lunch or even a gift for a friend I go to Kneaders. They have the most amazing gift baskets with assortments of all their delicious treats.
If I had to choose my favorite thing to eat there it would be their CHUNKY CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST! It is unbelievably delicious! They use their chunky cinnamon bread and slice it thick, and turn it into the most heavenly French Toast you could ever imagine. But wait, it gets better. 😀 They don’t just use maple syrup. It comes with a dreamy CARAMEL syrup, and a side of fresh whipped cream and strawberries! Mmmmmmm I am getting hungry just thinking about it.
If you don’t have a Kneaders where you live you’re still in luck! I found a copycat version of that amazing French Toast that tastes just like the real thing!! When I made this for my family I made them guess if it was homemade or from Kneaders. They all said Kneaders. Ha! Because it really does taste the same. If you’re a fan of French Toast and just delicious food then please try this recipe. Your family will thank you for it! 😉
- 1 loaf Kneade's Chunky Cinnamon Bread, cut into 8 slices (if you don't live near Kneaders, you can just use some type of cinnamon swirl bread)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup corn syrup
- For the french toast: Preheat an electric griddle to 375 degrees F. In a shallow baking dish, mix eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Melt butter evenly across your griddle. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and coat completely on each side. Place coated bread on hot griddle and turn until lightly browned on each side. Serve with caramel syrup, whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top.
- For the caramel syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine all syrup ingredients over medium heat. Whisk together until smooth and sugar has completely dissolved. Serve warm over french toast.