I love to cook but hate doing dishes. (I’m sure most of you can agree on that!) Luckily, there are recipes like these that only take ONE pot/skillet to make an entire meal in and I definitely do not hate that! 🙂
This Easy Skillet Lasagna is one fabulous meal that is so so yummy. The beef and lasagna noodles simmer in a super flavorful tomato sauce that cooks everything together. Think of it as a deconstructed lasagna that tastes just as a delicious, but takes a lot less work and time. #highfive
After I made it for dinner, and the entire family devoured it, the recipe card went immediately into my ‘Favorites’ recipe box! 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried parsely
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken into fourths
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- Fresh Basil leaves, torn
- In a large 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced onion. Cook and stir onion until translucent. Add minced garlic and stir until fragrant. Add parsley, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to skillet. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Cook and crumble beef until no longer pink. Pour in half (8 ounces) of the tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Place broken lasagna noodles evenly over beef. Pour remaining tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes over the noodles, making sure noodles are completely covered in sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and then let simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until noodles are soft. Remove lid and add dollops of ricotta cheese over the top. Gently stir ricotta into lasagna. Place Mozzarella slices evenly over the top. Cover with lid and let steam melt cheese for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh basil. Enjoy!
- *Make sure to use a large 12-inch skillet or bigger for this recipe.
- *Top each serving with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.