I came across this recipe the other day when I was looking through some of my food photos. When you’re photographing food all the time I guess some can get lost in the mix.. lol. Like this Ham & Cheese Penne. I can’t believe I had forgot to post this dish! Because I definitely remember us loving this one.
This casserole comes together quickly and easily with easy ingredients you probably have on hand. The homemade cheese sauce coats the pasta, ham and spinach perfectly and tastes so good. This is comfort food at its finest! I think I’m going to have to make this one again asap. 😀
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk ( I used 2%)
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat then add both cheeses, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add cooked penne to sauce mixture. Stir in ham and spinach.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!