This Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza is my family’s favorite! I use our tried and true HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH and pile on all the toppings. Barbecue sauce, chicken, mozzarella cheese and a few more goodies that make this pie outstanding. 😀
We have a pizza night almost once a week at our house. Usually on Friday or Saturday nights. We love to order out, but homemade is the way to go and usually what the kids want. They love getting to create their own. And even when they do, they usually take a piece or two of this one. With the onions and all. My kids love it.
If you haven’t tried this awesome pizza dough recipe then please do so asap. After you try it you probably won’t make pizza dough any other way. It’s that good. 😀
- 1 lb pizza dough- try my homemade dough (recipe link below) or use store bought
- 2 small chicken breasts, cooked then chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pineapple tidbits
- thinly sliced red onion (use as much or little as you like)
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F. In a medium bowl mix together cooked chopped chicken and ¼ cup barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper over a large 12-inch pizza pan. Shape dough out in a large circle over pan. Spread the remaining barbecue sauce evenly over dough. Top with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, then top cheese with chicken, bacon, pineapple and red onion. Sprinkle remaining Mozzarella cheese over the top then season with a little black pepper.
- Bake until crust is golden, around 12 to 16 minutes. Cut into slices and serve with fresh chopped cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Here’s a link to the pizza dough >> The Best Pizza Dough Recipe