Creamy dreamy Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup made in the comfort of your own home! 🙂 First of all, I am not opposed to using canned condensed soups. Not at all. I have many recipes that call for them and I’m not ashamed to use them.
My thing is, sometimes I just don’t have any on hand, so I’m thrilled to have this recipe now to make my own. It is extremely easy to make. Only 4 ingredients and about 15 minutes is all it takes! The outcome is way more delicious than the canned stuff. And honestly, I do like knowing exactly what’s inside the homemade version! Definitely a new go-to recipe for me.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( I use 2%)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning mix ( or use 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper and 1 tsp. salt)
- Combine chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour and seasonings together. Pour in remaining milk. Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Pour the flour/milk mixture into the saucepan with the broth mixture. Whisk and stir constantly as mixture simmers. Continue to let simmer until mixture is smooth and thick. Around 10 minutes.
- Use immediatley in a recipe as needed, or cover and store in refrigerator for up to one week.
- This recipe makes the equivalent of two (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup.