I have another appetizer recipe to share today! This incredible Jalapeño Bacon Cheese Ball is a life-changer, my friends. You need to make it as soon as possible. 😀
First of all, who makes cheese balls anymore? *Raising my hand proudly* I do! I do! Now, anyway. I seriously have not enjoyed a cheese ball since high school. My step-mom would make them for parties all the time. I forgot how dang delicious they are, and addicting…
This cheese ball is packed with flavor! The cream cheese balances out the heat of the jalapeños so perfectly. And the bacon, well bacon just makes everything better. 🙂 If you’re looking for a great appetizer for New Year’s then put this one on your list!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped, divided
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, half of the bacon, half of the jalapeños, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and ground cumin until well combined.
- On a large plate, stir together the remaining bacon, the remaining jalapeños and toasted pecans until evenly combined. Shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the pecan mixture until coated on all sides.
- Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Serve with your favorite crackers. Leftovers should be wrapped tightly and can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.