Yesterday my kiddos went back to school and it ended up being a lot harder than I thought it would be. Kallen was super nervous. Sweet kid. I tried to pump him up and make him all excited about eating lunch at school, and seeing his friends from Kindergarten, but he wasn’t buying it. He shed a couple tears as we walked him into his class. It broke my heart in half.
My girls on the other hand were both in good spirits. They were ready to see their friends and start a new school year! Thank heavens. 🙂 But when I came home to a quiet house all to myself it hit me. My babies are growing up fast. It’s so bittersweet.
I put myself straight into work mode and started on some recipes. The first thing I made was this Balsamic Chicken & Veggies and it turned out SO good!! I was sneaking bites before I even photographed it. 😀
The balsamic vinegar and honey creates a glaze that coats the chicken & veggies perfectly and the flavor is undeniable. This healthy one pan meal is definitely now a new favorite of mine!
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less depending on heat tolerance)
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed of ends, then cut in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Italian salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then set chicken evenly in skillet. Cook for 6 minutes, then flip to other side and cook another 6 minutes or until cooked through. Add half of the balsamic mixture to skillet and stir to coat chicken. Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate. Cover plate with foil to keep warm.
- Add asparagus to warm skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken back to skillet along with the grape tomato halves. Pour in the rest of the marinade. Gently stir and cook another 5 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serves: 3 - 4