I’m a carb junkie. It’s true. 🙂 Sometimes I just have to get my pasta fix immediately and yesterday was that day. I was thinking of making my favorite Szechuan Chicken, but remembered I’d saved this recipe for Spicy Parmesan Chicken Pasta. I had everything I needed for it, so I whipped it up in no time.
It has all the elements of a yummy and satisfying pasta dish I crave. It is so flavorful, and the amount of spice is just right. My favorite part of all, it takes hardly any time to make. One more easy weekday dinner on the rotation!
If you’re looking for a really sauce coated pasta, then this ones not for you. The noodles are tossed in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and olive oil, and then once they’re added to the marinated chicken it creates this amazing flavor. It’s what makes this pasta so good!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less depending on heat tolerance)
- 8 ounces Penne pasta
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Add the diced chicken to the marinade and stir to coat chicken. Cover bowl with saran wrap and chill in fridge. Let marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss cooked pasta with 1 teaspoon olive oil and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and marinade mixture. Cook and stir chicken for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the pasta and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with sliced green onion and extra Parmesan cheese.