I recieved so much positive feedback on the Chicken Fajita Braid I posted, that I figured I should play around more with these ‘braids’. They are SO EASY to make and the varieties you could make are endless! For this one all I used was taco seasoned ground beef, refried beans, freshly grated cheddar cheese and salsa! That is it.. and that is all 🙂 You will love it!
Pizza dough braided around seasoned ground beef, beans and cheese!
Write a review
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- Unravel pizza dough and let rest on a greased cookie sheet while you brown the ground beef. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and 1 cup water. Mix well and simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Now that dough has rested and room temperature, shape into a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut one inch strips down along sides of dough. Spread the refried beans down the center of dough.
- Spread the seasoned ground beef on top of the beans, and then drizzle the salsa over the meat. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Now start braiding the one inch strips over the top.
- Bake at 375 F° for 20 minutes or until golden brown! Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Life In The Lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/