Everyone will love this copycat Bajio Chicken Chile Salad. It tastes just like the one from Bajio grill! This salad is filled with slow cooked seasoned chicken, beans and rice. Top it with dressing for one incredible meal!
It is amazing how many ‘copycat’ Mexican grill recipes out there. 🙂 I’ve tried one hundred of them and have thought they were all awesome, but this Bajio Chicken recipe is hands down the best one I’ve tried so far. It tastes exactly like the one from Bajio grill!
I’m a big fan of Bajios, but I also love Cafe Rio and Durangos. Sometimes I will get in a certain ‘Mexi-Grill’ mood and just crave one in particular. When I was pregnant with Kallen I craved Bajio all the time. I tried to copy the whole salad that they serve there when I made this chicken last night.
I served it with my favorite Tortilla-land tortillas that you heat up on a skillet then topped it off with chopped romaine lettuce, corn, the delicious chicken, and crunchy tortilla strips. It was amazing.
Now I serve this salad all the time to my book club girls, parties and just for a really great weeknight dinner. If you would like a great dressing to serve with this salad try my Creamy Tomatillo Ranch Dressing!
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Bajio Chicken Chile Salad
Recipe type: Main Course
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 6 ounces lemon-lime soda (1/2 can)
- Salad Toppings:
- romaine lettuce
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- Place chicken breasts, salsa, brown sugar, cumin, green chiles and lemon-lime soda in the crock pot. Cover with lid. Heat on low for 5 hours. Or on High for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve!
- To make the Bajio Salad: Heat a tortilla on a skillet. Place cooked tortilla in a bowl. Add chopped fresh lettuce, corn and cheese and then add chicken on top! Serve with tortilla strips, cilantro and dressing of your choice.