Baked Spaghetti is a creamy spaghetti that’s baked in a casserole dish. Its hearty beef filling and cheesy topping make for the perfect ‘what’s-for-dinner’ solution!
If you know me, then you know that I’m all about simple and easy dishes that I can get on the table in no time. Especially ones that are comforting and sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Which is why this Baked Spaghetti is the ideal choice when you’re in need of an easy weeknight dinner solution!
The noodles are coated in a cream cheese, Italian seasoning and a dried basil mixture making the noodles creamy and packed with flavor. They’re then placed into the baking dish, covered in a hearty meat and sauce mixture, and topped with layers of both Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses. Once the spaghetti is baked, the cheese becomes all hot and bubbly, creating the most heavenly gooey topping.
My family adores regular old spaghetti, but sometimes it’s nice to have a couple variations in the recipe archives. That way, you can still enjoy all the things you love about traditional spaghetti, but never have to worry about getting sick of it!
INGREDIENTS IN BAKED SPAGHETTI
Baked Spaghetti is made with the usual noodles and meat sauce, but with a couple extra cheesy additives!
Spaghetti noodles: it’s not considered spaghetti until you have the noodles!
Ground beef: lean ground beef for the hearty meat sauce.
Spaghetti sauce: any spaghetti sauce will do!
Cream cheese: for that rich creaminess that binds the noodles together when it bakes.
Italian and basil seasoning: creates that wonderful flavor.
Parmesan cheese: for that delicious cheese topping.
Mozzarella cheese: more cheese, because why not?
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SPAGHETTI
-Cook ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink, drain grease, and add in spaghetti sauce.
-While ground beef is cooking, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions.
-Once cooked, drain water and cover noodles in cream cheese, dried basil, and Italian seasoning. Mix until the cream cheese is melted and the noodles are coated.
-Place a thin layer of meat sauce evenly to the bottom of a baking dish that’s been coated in cooking spray. Evenly spread out noodles, pour meat sauce over noodles, and cover in both cheeses.
-Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered or until hot and bubbly.
-Let stand 10 minutes to cool, then cut into squares and serve!
Here’s a couple ways in which you can switch up this Baked Spaghetti!
Meat options: you don’t just have to use ground beef. These options work just as nicely:
Noodles: while this is a baked spaghetti, which means spaghetti noodles, you don’t just have to use them! You can use just about whatever pasta you want!
Here’s a few more delicious pasta dishes you just have to try!
Taco Spaghetti: cheesy spaghetti filled with tomatoes, green chilies, and taco seasoning!
Baked Penne: a classic and hearty pasta dish that is made by layering penne pasta, spaghetti sauce and a cream cheese mixture.
Red and White Pasta: a combination of Alfredo and spaghetti sauce with penne noodles and lots of Mozzarella cheese.
Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake: penne noodles, crispy bacon, and tender chicken covered in layers of cheese and creamy ranch flavor.
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 jars (24 ounces, each) spaghetti sauce * see note
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook & crumble ground beef and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain any grease. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles in a large pot of water according to package directions. Drain water and then place hot noodles back into the empty pot. Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning and dried basil to noodles. Stir and combine until cream cheese has melted and noodles are all coated.
- Spread a small amount of meat sauce evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour in noodles and spread out evenly. Pour the meat sauce mixture evenly over the tops of noodles and then sprinkle evenly with both cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving. Enjoy!