Banana Blondies are sweet and delicious. They’re so soft they almost melt in your mouth. The brown butter frosting takes them to extra yummy levels too!
I promised on Instagram that delicious things would be happening today and so here is that promise being fulfilled. I give you BANANA BLONDIES aka. the tastiest banana bars you will ever encounter.
These Banana Blondies are so good. They’re so soft, sweet and delicious. They almost melt in your mouth. The sweet frosting is browned-butter frosting. Yep, I told you they are amazing. Don’t even ask me how many I ate. 😉
I can’t think of a better way to use those ripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter! This recipe makes a 9×13-inch pan. I cut my banana bars pretty big for the photos, but you can cut them smaller to feed a lot of people. That is, if you’re willing to share.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 1 cup butter, melted (I use salted butter)
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- Brown Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter (I use salted butter)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- For Blondies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil then spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add melted butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Stir in salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven and let cool before frosting.
- Brown Butter Frosting: In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat until butter starts to barely brown and becomes very aromatic (about 5 minutes).Add the brown sugar and milk to butter. Stir until mixture comes to just a boil. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Spread on top of blondies. Allow frosting to set before cutting into squares.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!