These easy and delicious Blackberry Bliss Bars are absolutely amazing! Packed with a little bit of something for everyone, they’ll become an instant favorite!
Hi everyone! It’s Jodi here from 5 Boys Baker. I’m super excited to share these amazing Blackberry Bliss Bars with you today! 🙂
I truly love bar desserts and these Blackberry Bliss Bars are no exception. Other than chocolate chip cookies, bars and/or brownies are my go-to dessert when I need a dessert for any occasion.
When I saw the recipe for these bars in ATK’s The Perfect Cookie Cookbook, I think it took me about 53.7 seconds to start making them. The original recipe called for 1 cup of walnuts (toasted and chopped), but seeing as how I am not usually a fan of nuts in cookies (especially walnuts!!), I left them out and added milk chocolate chips instead.
These bars start out with a brown sugar cookie base with coconut and oats mixed in, then they’re topped with a layer of blackberry jam and then sprinkled with three kinds of chocolate chips and toffee bits. As if that wasn’t fabulous enough, then they’re finished off with a sprinkling of more delicious cookie base. YUM!
Oh my heavens, these Blackberry Bliss Bars are just ridiculously good! The hint of cinnamon is perfect. I wasn’t sure about adding it, but I’m so glad I did. Pleeeease don’t leave it out! These bars are packed with something for everyone. Even my son Zach who isn’t a fan of coconut loved these.
They really are crazy delicious and I’ve got a house full of boys who would back me up on that.
Blackberry Bliss Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons cold butter cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut toasted (see note)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups seedless blackberry jam
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray lightly.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse flour, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 4 to 6 pulses. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a pastry blender to blend this together.) Transfer flour mixture to bowl and stir in coconut and oats. Reserve ¾ cup flour-coconut mixture and set aside. Pour remaining flour-coconut mixture into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 to 18 minutes. Let crust cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully spread jam over warm crust. Sprinkle jam with milk, semisweet and white chocolate chips then toffee bits. Evenly sprinkle reserved flour-coconut mixture over top.
- Bake until bubbly and top is golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Let bars cool completely in pan on wire rack, about 1 hour. Using foil remove bars from pan. Cut into bars.
Recipe from: 5 Boys Baker.com