I’m sure there are many of you out there, like myself, trying to lose a few pounds gained over the holidays. Am I right? I definitely indulged a little too much but it was worth it. I’d actually like to lose a little more than I gained so I’m on a mission to get fit. I started the Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred challenge yesterday, and I’m so sore I can barely lift my arms or walk normal : /
Of course with working out, healthy eating has to coincide. I’ve been searching for some healthy dinner ideas for my family so when I found this chicken it sounded right up our alley. I love bruschetta but never had it over grilled chicken. The results were stellar. This was a great way to change-up some boring pieces of chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 thin slices fresh Mozzarella
- 2 Vine-Ripened Tomatoes. seeded and diced
- 4 fresh Basil Leaves stacked, rolled and thinly sliced into chiffonade
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat grill pan or non-stick skillet to medium heat on stove top. Spray with cooking spray.
- To make Bruschetta Topping: In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and balsamic vinegar. Toss gently together. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- For grilled chicken: Combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Season both sides of chicken with pinches of salt and place on grill. Brush top sides with balsamic mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then flip chicken. Brush other side with balsamic and cook another 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Place one piece of fresh mozzarella on each chicken breast and continue to cook until slightly melted.
- Remove chicken from pan then place on individual plates. Top each chicken breast with desired amount of bruschetta topping. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Picky Palate