Cheesecake Taquitos have a silky-smooth cheesecake filling that’s wrapped inside a crispy flour tortilla rolled in cinnamon and sugar. We like to enjoy ours with strawberries and whipped cream.
Hello, friends! Let me introduce you to my Cheesecake Taquitos. These fun dessert taquitos are utterly divine!
I debated on what dessert to share for Cinco de Mayo week when a little light bulb went off in my mind. 🙂 I saw Cheesecake Chimichangas, and although they looked amazing, I wasn’t in the mood to deep-fry anything.
That’s when I decided to roll up my favorite cheesecake filling with small flour tortillas, roll them in cinnamon and sugar and bake them to perfection. It worked like magic!
The center of these baked Taquitos is silky smooth with a super easy cheesecake filling. The cinnamon sugar topping over the crispy tortillas makes them even more amazing.
We enjoyed ours with sliced strawberries and whipped cream, and they were gone in no time! Next time, we’re thinking of dunking them in melted chocolate. Oh, yeah. 🙂
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes
Monster Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes
Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake
- 2 blocks (8 ounces, each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 small (8-inches, each) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, 2 Tablespoons sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Make sure no lumps remain.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds. Take one tortilla and spread 1/3 cup of cheesecake filling on one end. Roll up tightly, leaving ends open. Repeat with all tortillas and cheesecake filling.
- For Topping: Melt butter in a large microwave-safe shallow dish or bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Take each rolled taquito and first roll in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to fully coat all sides. Place on a large greased baking sheet. Repeat with all taquitos.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops start to get golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Enjoy! ♥
21 thoughts on “Cheesecake Taquitos”
This is such a brilliant idea, Holly! I love the idea of baking these rather than deep frying them. I’d like to think it makes them healthier, ha!
Dipping these in chocolate sounds crazy good!!
Wow, this sounds like dessert heaven!
Can these be stuffed and rolled ahead of time and dipped and baked at last minute?
Can these be baked, put in the fridge and served the next day?
I think it’s possible, but i’ve not tried it. If you do try it then I would reheat them in the oven, not the microwave, so the tortillas get crispy again and the filling gets nice and warm.
We added dulce de leche into the cream cheese mix. WOW. Highly recommend.
I added some apples I softened with a little water and sugar in the microwave for 20 seconds in the center. AH-MAZE-ING!!
Totally made these. Made ahead. Baked 2-3 hours later. Put caramel sauce on top. They were a huge hit!!
AMAZING! Added chocolate to the cheesecake, it was DELISH!
Can you slice some strawberries and roll them inside with the cream cheese filling?
I diced some STRAWBERRIES and put them into the filling, and it worked out great!
Totally gonna make this as a breakfast one Sunday morning
These were so easy and fun to make. They are very tasty as well if you like simple desserts. I tend to get into more involved cheesecake flavors but this recipe was perfect for some leftover tortilla shells that I had.
Are the solid enough as finger food,mor are they a knife & fork treat?
We eat them with just our fingers 🙂
Does the filling leak out when they start to get warm when baking them?
I don’t have that issue when I make them 🙂 If you overfill them then they could possibly overflow.
Delicious! I expected the filling to ooze all over the place, but it didn’t. I used fajita-sized tortillas and just a spooned in a little filling into each, and it was perfect!
Great recipe …. easy , fast, tastes great !! I tweeked it a little and I just wanted to share it ! After I spread the cream cheese I put seedless strawberry jam and seedless blackberry jam along side the cream cheese before rolling them !! Delicious !!!
everybody loved these! I made this for my church luncheon today. I went to get one after I finished my lunch and they were all gone. I even made a double batch!