Chicken Stuffed French Bread is a creamy chicken mixture filled with ranch dressing, loads of cheese, and green onion. With that warm and creamy inside, and light and crispy outside, each bite will be pure bliss!
If you love thick, crusty bread and warm deli sandwiches then you’re going to love this Chicken Stuffed French Bread! All you need is 5 simple ingredients and 25 minutes of your day to get these heavenly sandwiches made and ready to devour!
Simply slice the bread in half, mix together the shredded chicken, cheese, green onions and ranch dressing, then spread the mixture onto one half of the bread.
All that’s left to do is pop it into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to warm up the bread and melt the cheese, and you’re done!
So little effort for a recipe with such satisfaction!
The only thing to keep in mind is that this recipe does require pre-cooked chicken.
Any leftover chicken you may have on hand comes in handy or you could use a rotisserie chicken that’s ready to be shredded and made into this lovely sandwich.
INGREDIENTS IN CHICKEN STUFFED FRENCH BREAD
Only 5 simple ingredients are needed to create these warm and decadent stuffed French bread sandwiches!
- French Bread: For ease, simply pick up a loaf at your local grocery store or bakery. You could also make some homemade French bread if you have the time.
- Chicken: cooked and shredded chicken breasts.
- Colby-Jack cheese: to make the chicken mixture extra creamy and savory.
- Green onion: for added flavor and color.
- Ranch dressing: what binds the mixture together and gives it that ranch flavor.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN STUFFED FRENCH BREAD
These sandwiches taste best when eaten soon after making them, but if you would like to save them for leftovers you can wrap the sandwich up in plastic wrap or tin foil and place in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just note that the longer they sit in the fridge, the soggier the bread will get from absorbing the ranch in the meat mixture.
ALTERNATIVES FOR RANCH DRESSING
If you’re not a fan of ranch, or just don’t like the flavor it gives, here’s some other great options to try out:
- Greek yogurt: will add a little bit of a tangy flavoring to the mixture, but is still thick and creamy.
- Cottage cheese: goes well with chicken and cheese and will add in some extra saltiness. Keep in mind the presence of curds, so if you don’t like the texture, this may not be the best option.
- Sour cream: probably the best alternative. Nice and creamy and will pair perfectly with the other ingredients.
- Your favorite dressing: not a ranch fan? Try using thousand island or any creamy dressing!
If you liked this recipe, then you’ll like these similar ones too!
- Stuffed French Bread: a cheesy and flavorful ground beef mixture stuffed between flaky and crispy French bread!
- Fabulous French Bread: easy and delicious homemade French bread!
- Buffalo Chicken French Bread Pizza: grilled chicken, ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce on top of crispy French bread.
- French Bread Rolls: soft, delicious and super easy dinner rolls.
Chicken Stuffed French Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 pound chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 ½ cups Colby-Jack cheese shredded
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 1 to 2 cups ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Place both halves cut side up on prepared baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together shredded chicken, cheese, green onions and enough ranch dressing to make mixture wet.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over one half of bread. Top with other half.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!