This is the only treat my hubby ever asks me to make. I think he loves these cookies more than me, but I don’t blame him. 😉 They are soft, chocolate deliciousness. My sister in law, Christine, gave me this recipe about 5 years ago, and since then it’s the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I have made.
One of the tricks I stick to when making these cookies is the baking time. You should ONLY bake them for 9-10 minutes, tops. They will seem like their not fully cooked, but they are. Trust me. Once you take them out of the oven, just leave them alone. No need to transfer them to a cooling rack. Let them just sit on the baking sheet to relax, and they’ll be ready to pop in your mouth in about five to ten minutes. Grab a big glass of milk, and take a bite of that warm cookie. It will melt in your mouth!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 small pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 pkg ( 12 oz) Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat butter, both sugars, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer. Beat until creamy and fluffy. Then slowly mix in flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for ONLY 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before eating.