Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken slow cooks for an easy and delicious dinner. The lemon flavor in this chicken will have you loving every single bite! Serve with pasta or rice and a vegetable for a complete meal.
We’ve been back from Hawaii for two days and I’m still jet-lagged. Ugh. That four hour time difference has been rough adjusting back to. I heard that coming back from the west is harder on you than the east. Not sure why but I have to agree. Anyway, so my friendly little crock pot has saved me again for super easy dinners I can just throw together. This Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken was one of them. This chicken was not only delicious but so simple to make with only one extra step.
When I say extra step I’m referring to the browning or blackening of the chicken first. I know a lot of people don’t like doing this in crock pot recipes, but I assure you it is worth it! It adds SO much extra flavor to this wonderful lemon chicken. 😀 This is definitely a new favorite at our house. The entire family enjoyed every last bite! Serve it with rice or pasta for one fabulous meal!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT MY CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN:
“This was AMAZING! My picky picky picky husband who has the palate of a toddler even loved it!! :). Prepared this ahead of time, threw it in the freezer, and then during the week threw it in the crock pot. We ate it over rice. It was delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I would love to have this in my regular monthly rotating menu!” – Michelle
“I made this for supper the other night and my mom was asking for the recipe before we even finished eating! I served it with baby potatoes and rainbow carrots with lemon garlic seasoning. I will for sure be making this one again!” -Michelle T.
MORE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY!
Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sprinkle each side of chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside. In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt butter with olive oil. Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Move onions and garlic to the side of the pan and add seasoned chicken to skillet. Cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes, on each side, until nicely browned. Stir chicken, onions and garlic together then carefully transfer to the crock pot. Pour in chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours OR on high heat for 2 to 3 hours. (Internal temperature of chicken needs to reach 165 degrees F.) Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.
- Add heavy cream, mustard and lemon juice to crock pot and whisk. To thicken sauce whisk in 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Place chicken back in the crock pot. Cover with lid and cook another 30 minutes or until sauce thickens a little. Uncover and stir. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken with creamy lemon sauce and enjoy!