You guys, my favorite veggie season is here! Asparagus season. I love this beautiful vibrant veggie with all my heart. And there are so many ways you can make it taste even more amazing. This Lemon Parmesan Asparagus is definitely the way we enjoy it the most. It is extremely delish. Yes, even the Lofthouse kiddos go to town on this one and that makes my Mom heart proud. 🙂
Tender-crisp asparagus gets roasted in the oven with a smidge of olive oil, plenty of fresh cracked pepper, and grated parmesan cheese. A few squirts of lemon just takes it to the next level. Level of yum that is! I like serving this as a side dish to grilled chicken or lean steaks. You can guarantee I always go back to the pan after dinner, and munch on a few extra pieces because I adore it so dang much. 🙂
If this heavenly way of enjoying asparagus is something you have not yet tried, pleeease do so. Even if you don’t like asparagus I bet you will become a new fan if you try it this way…
Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 or 2 squeezes of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the asparagus then sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top. Serve immediately and enjoy!