These Mexican Street Tacos are authentic tacos filled with tender, marinated steak and topped with fresh cilantro and red onion. They are undeniably delicious and bursting with flavor!
I don’t think anyone is surprised to see that I’m back with yet another Mexican food recipe. I’m afraid to say that I in no way will apologize for it. 😉
This street taco recipe is just way too good not to share, and once you try them out for yourself, the only apology you’ll be needing from me is why I didn’t post them sooner!
One of the many amazing things about these Mexican street tacos is that you can now bring your favorite tacos into your own home. No more driving across town to the nearest restaurant that serves them, or trying to track down the local food truck, you can simply break out this recipe and get to cooking them from the comfort of your own home!
What makes these so delicious is the juicy steak that soaks in a flavor-filled marinade anywhere between 2 to 12 hours. Keep in mind that the longer it marinates, the better and more intense the flavor.
While the steak is marinating, you can use the time to prepare the toppings! You could make some fresh Pico de Gallo, guacamole, or even some Homemade Salsa. It’s all up to you!
After the steak is done marinating simply grill it (either on the stovetop or an actual grill), then place it in some warm corn or flour tortillas. We love to use both kinds of tortillas.
Top with the classic street tacos toppings of fresh cilantro and red onion, then take a bite. You’ll be greeted with tender, melt-in-your-mouth steak and flavors so harmonious you won’t even believe it!
MORE AMAZING TACO RECIPES:
Sweet Pork Tacos
Double Decker Tacos
Chicken Street Tacos
Oven Baked Soft Tacos
Mexican Street Tacos
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (I use low-sodium soy sauce)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pounds flank steak or skirt steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 street taco size OR mini corn or flour tortillas
- freshly chopped cilantro
- freshly diced red onion
- fresh limes cut into wedges
- Pour vegetable oil, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano into a large bowl. Whisk to combine everything together.Place steak pieces into the marinade mixture; stir and toss to coat all the steak in the marinade. Cover bowl with a lid and place in refrigerator. Let steak marinade for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.(Cook steak in two separate batches to prevent over-crowding the skillet.)Using a slotted spoon, remove half of the steak from the marinade. Place steak pieces in hot skillet. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes or until steak reaches your desired temperature.
- Place cooked steak onto a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.Cook remaining batch of steak the same way. Discard marinade.
- Serve warm steak in warmed tortillas and top with desired amount of fresh cilantro, red onion and lime juice. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
4 thoughts on “Mexican Street Tacos”
these were SO good! I was worried that the skirt steak was going to be tough. I cut it up really small and it was nice and tender. My family really enjoyed this dish and requested that I make again.
big hit and super easy! will make this more often – so tasty!
I looove these! They’re amazing and my go-to when i need to throw together a meal when visiting somewhere. We add a cilantro lime slaw on top (dole discontinued Their pre-made fiesta lime slaw, but they still have the dressing in the salad packets and its great) and it just brings it all together. My whole family loves it!
made these last night for dinner and they were delicious . Super easy to make and the marinade for the steak was so good. Will Definitely be making them again . Thank you holly for creating easy, tasty recipes.