One Pan Brown Sugar Italian Chicken and Veggies is an easy and delicious dinner all in one. With only five ingredients and one pan, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time at all!
I can’t say enough good things about One Pan meals! They have become my new BFF’s. Well, maybe my second BFF’s to my crock pot. ha! I love that I can make super healthy and flavorful meals in no time at all, and with ONE pan. The less dishes I have to do, the happier my life is. 😉
This BROWN SUGAR ITALIAN CHICKEN AND VEGGIES is delicious and packed with flavor. You won’t believe how easy this is. All you need is brown sugar and a packet of Italian seasoning mix to flavor the chicken and veggies. I saw this chicken marinade over at my friend Stephanie’s blog –> PLAIN CHICKEN. If you haven’t been to her website then you are missing out on hundreds of super delicious chicken recipes. She is my go-to on nights I have chicken breasts in my fridge and not a clue what to do with them.
Instead of only making the chicken I decided to do a whole meal out of it, so I added in lots of zucchini and red potato. I placed them all on a lovely sheet pan and roasted them in the oven. My house smelled amazing as it all cooked together. After about 35 minutes, dinner was done and we were ready to dig in. Honestly, my entire family loved this one. Even the littles. Of course, they had to dip theirs in ranch dressing but I don’t blame them. I was just happy they ate it!
One Pan Brown Sugar Italian Chicken and Veggies
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 packet (0.7 ounce) Italian Dressing/Seasoning Mix (I use 'Good Seasons' brand)
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 4 medium red potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (for easy clean-up).
- Lay chicken breasts onto prepared baking sheet. Whisk together brown sugar and Italian dressing mix in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry zucchini and red potatoes. Slice and cube both into small bite-size pieces. Spread the vegetables out evenly next to the chicken.
- Sprinkle a little of the brown sugar/Italian seasoning mixture over each chicken breast, lightly patting onto breast. Then sprinkle remaining mixture onto the vegetables. Season everything with a little salt and pepper.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in center.Set broiler on high and broil chicken another 1 to 2 minutes or until brown sugar caramelizes. (Stay and watch closely so it doesn't burn! Very important.)Serve immediately and enjoy!
10 thoughts on “One Pan Brown Sugar Italian Chicken and Veggies”
My family loved this recipe! I forced my super picky son to eat one zucchini, and he liked it. So easy to make and clean up. Thanks.
I chuckled when I read this as I have been using Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix for years as a seasoning on chicken, absolutely love it. Am definitely going to try this entire recipe. Thanks.
Made this last night and the whole family loved it! Thanks for a delicious and super simple recipe. It’ll definitely be on my regular rotation 🙂
Made this tonight for dinner. Easy enough to do after returning home from work. Cooking right now and smells amazing!!!! Thanks for a great recipe to jazz up boring chicken.
THis looks wonderful! I love Plain Chicken’s website, too. 🙂
Do you pOund the chicken at all before cooking? Most of the time chIcken breasts are thick and im always worried they wont cook/bake all the way through.
If the chicken breasts are really thick then I will pound them down to more of an even thickness. It just depends. If they’re not so thick I don’t do anything to them.
Made this tonight for dinner and was a huge hit with all my kids and a neighbor kid too! loved how easy this was. I love zucchini, BUT NOT MY KIDS, HOWEVER COOKED LIKED THIS THEY ALL ATE IT AND THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD. WILL BE MAKING THIS AGAIN! tHANK YOU SO MUCH!
Made tonight. Couldn’t believe my 12 year old was going back for seconds! The whole family loved. Was super easy to put together. Will be a staple for us.