I have to admit that I’ve never been a pumpkin pie fan. Whatsoever. I think it’s been a texture thing. Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin flavored breads, treats, etc. but pumpkin pie was never a favorite of mine. At Thanksgiving I always skipped that one and went for a slice of French silk or banana cream pie. 🙂
Okay, so why you ask? Because I think I’ve officially become a convert and I have these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars to blame. 😉 They are DELICIOUS! Layers of cheesecake and pumpkin pie over a graham cracker crust.. *swoon 😀
It may be the cheesecake layer that makes me love these so much OR the pumpkin layer that makes them extra special. Either way they were pretty darn good and I ate a second piece when no one was looking. Ha! Place a dollop of whipped cream over the top and talk about an amazing treat during the Fall season. I hope you give these a try soon, friends!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 8 oz. packages cream cheese , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300°F. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside while making the filling.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand-up mixer , add the cream cheese and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- To the remaining cream cheese mixture add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- With a wire whisk stir until smooth. Carefully, spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar allowing the cheesecake to slowly cool down for about 1 hour or so.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Top each bar with whipped cream and a dust of pumpkin pie spice.