Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect solution to comfort you on a cool fall day or any day of the year! These cinnamon rolls are soft, delicious and full of pumpkin flavor.
Cinnamon Rolls are one of my favorite things to bake. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I sure love to make them. I have a recipe for the Perfect Cinnamon Rolls that truly are perfect, but during the fall and winter seasons I love to make these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. They are incredible!
These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect solution to comfort you on a cool fall day or any day for that matter! They are soft, delicious and full of pumpkin flavor. (I am seriously debating making some again today as I type out this blog post. haha)
You guys, these pumpkin cinnamon rolls are so delicious! I hope the pictures convince you to make them soon. They do have a bonus, they are super simple to make. From start to finish I had them whipped up in a little over an hour, but they taste so good you would think they take all day long.
Pumpkin treats were made for the fall season, but I can honestly say I like to make these year round! They’re just too good not to be made often. 🙂
More amazing cinnamon roll recipes you may like:
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer add milk, butter, sugar, and yeast. Stir to combine and let the mixture sit for 1 minute. Add the pumpkin and egg. Mix until well combined. Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and 2 cups of flour. Mix well for 3 minutes. Add the additional flour, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well between each addition until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Knead for 10 minutes by hand (or 5 minutes in mixer). Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is resting mix together the melted butter, sugars, and spices for the filling.
- When the dough has finished resting roll it out into a large rectangle, about 16 inches by 24 inches. Spread the filling all over dough. Roll the dough, jelly roll style, starting on the side that is shorter than the other, until you have rolled it all the way up. Cut the dough into 12 rolls (about 1 1/2 inches wide) and place the cut rolls in a well buttered baking dish. Cover the dish and let the rolls rest for 15 minutes.
- While the rolls are resting, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. After the rolls are done resting bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- To make the icing stir together the powdered sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add the melted butter, 1 tablespoon of milk and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add an additional tablespoon of cream if needed, depending on the consistency you like. Spread the icing all over the rolls and enjoy them warm
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!