This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is amazing and so creamy. It’s made in the slow cooker for your convenience and perfect for holiday parties!
One of my favorite traditions we do with our kids during December is to make a batch of hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies. It is the best time and something my kids always look forward to. This year I decided to try this recipe for Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate, and I must say, it was the best hot chocolate I have ever had.
This Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is a totally from scratch recipe. No packets with the dried marshmallows required. haha. 😉 The combination of all the simple ingredients (you most likely already have on hand) make for a rich, creamy and chocolatey drink!
I think this would be a great drink to make for any holiday party or even a hot chocolate bar! (A hot chocolate bar is on my bucket list.) This recipe can easily be doubled to make a lot. If you’re making it for a party I think the bonus of doing it in a slow cooker is to avoid turning on the stove top or making a million batches of packets in the microwave.
We love to add lots of whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate sauce to the top of ours. And sometimes crushed candy canes! What do you like to top your hot chocolate with? 🙂
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Serves: 8 cups
- 8 cups hot water
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can ( 14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour water into a large 7 quart slow cooker. Whisk in cocoa powder, milk and vanilla. Whisk well to combine. Cover with lid and set on low heat until hot or ready to serve. (Once it is hot you can keep it on the warm setting so it doesn't burn.)
- Serve in individual mugs and top with favorite toppings! Marshmallows, whipped cream, etc.
Adapted from: Graceful Little Honey Bee