Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos
Crunchy tacos loaded with flavorful chicken with a hint of honey and lime! These tacos are incredible!
- 3 large chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lbs.), cooked then shredded
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 corn tortilla shells I used the stand n' stuff tortillas from Old El Paso
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
(I bake my chicken breasts in a 375° F. oven for 35 minutes then shred.) A rotisserie chicken would work great for this recipe as well.
Place cooked, shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle in the honey and lime juice. Toss again to combine everything.
Place the corn tortillas in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Divide the chicken evenly among the tortilla shells and place in the shells. Top each with a little Pepper Jack cheese.
Bake in a 350° F. oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through. Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!