Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole
Seasoned chicken and potatoes, baked together, then topped with bacon, cheese and green onion. This is a phenomenal dish!
Servings 4 to 6
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium Russet potatoes, peeled cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 green onions sliced thin
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and potatoes. Stir to coat the chicken and potatoes.
Pour the coated chicken and potatoes in the prepared baking dish, spreading out evenly.Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with the cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and onion.Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy with sour cream, if desired.