Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
This flavor-packed salad is loaded with seasoned chicken, black beans, colorful veggies and crunchy tortilla strips. The Taco-Ranch dressing just takes it to another amazing level.
Servings 4 to 6
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can sweet yellow corn drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 2 large Romaine hearts washed and chopped
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
For the Taco-Ranch dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lime juice
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons milk
Start by making the Taco-Ranch dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients to thoroughly combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill.
To make the salad: In a large bowl, add the diced bell pepper, black beans, corn, tomatoes, green onion and cilantro. Stir to combine. Then add the cooked chicken pieces and the chopped romaine lettuce. Pour the prepared salad dressing all over the top. (You may not need all of the dressing. It depends on how much dressing you like.) Gently stir to combine the salad, making sure to coat entirely with the dressing. Mix in the crushed tortilla chips last.
Serve the salad in individual bowls, topping with more cilantro and limes to garnish, if desired.