Italian Sub Salad
- 3 cups freshly chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces sliced turkey
- 1/2 ounce sliced salami
- 1/2 ounce sliced provolone cheese
- 1 Tablespoon banana peppers
- 1 Tablespoon sliced black olives
- 6 cherry tomato halves
- Homemade Italian Vinaigrette:
- 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing (+Ingredients called for on packet; oil, water & vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons water
Place the chopped lettuce in a medium bowl. Top lettuce with sliced turkey, salami, provolone, banana pepper, olives and tomatoes.Drizzle one ounce of the Italian dressing over the salad and enjoy! FOR THE ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE:Prepare dressing as directed on the back of the packet (using the oil, water and vinegar it calls for.) Once prepared, add the remaining dressing ingredients starting with the dried Italian seasoning. Whisk well to combine everything. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a few hours to chill and let the flavors blend together.
*Dressing stays good tightly covered in the fridge for up to two weeks. Mix or shake well before each use.
**Nutrition info includes only using 1 ounce of dressing on the salad.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g