Grilled Apricot Chicken
Juicy and tender chicken thighs marinated in one delicious Apricot sauce!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs remove skin if desired (or can use chicken breasts)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- coarse salt and black pepper to taste
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place the fresh ginger, apricot preserves, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk until combined. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade and set aside.
Preheat outdoor OR indoor grill pan to medium heat. Oil grill with a paper towel soaked with olive oil.
Place seasoned chicken thighs on the hot grill. Grill for 5 minutes. Turn. Grill for 5 more minutes. Start brushing chicken heavily with the sauce turning after every 5 minutes until you've reached 20 minutes minutes total or chicken is cooked through in the center. Drizzle cooked chicken with remaining sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!