This Churro Toffee recipe tastes just like the one from Disneyland! It’s delicious buttery toffee coated in white chocolate and cinnamon sugar for that yummy churro flavor.
Disneyland has always been a special place to me. I have memories of my parents taking me there as a child, but I think it’s the memories I’ve made there with my husband and kids over the years that are the most special to me.
We always have such a great time at Disneyland! I mean, who doesn’t? 😉 Riding all the rides, browsing through all the fun shops, and of course, eating all their amazing food and treats! It’s the best.
My little sister Lindsey introduced me to their Churro Toffee last year and I absolutely fell in love at first bite. It was so delicious with the crunchy, buttery toffee inside and the white chocolate coating on the outside. The cinnamon sugar coating gives it that churro flavor and it is so good!
I knew instantly that I would be able to re-create it at home and boy did I ever. I had my sweet mother in law, Linda, help me with the toffee part. She makes a delicious toffee, so we used her recipe for that part. Then we dunked it in white chocolate and sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar. Bingo! It tasted just like Disneyland’s!
Instead of completely copying Disneyland, I decided to just break our toffee into big pieces instead of cutting it into squares. I think this way is a lot easier than making the squares actually.
I was the first to taste-test the churro toffee and was so blown away at how yummy it was AND how much it tasted like the Disneyland version! I was so excited I immediately started texting my sisters and Mom to tell them I had achieved the famous Churro Toffee!
Now here is its debut on the blog. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. 🙂
- TOFFEE RECIPE:
- 1 cup salted butter (Use real butter. No substitutions.)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- WHITE CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) Ghirardelli White melting wafers
- CINNAMON SUGAR COATING:
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- FOR TOFFEE: Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil extending over the sides.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 2 quart saucepan. In pan, melt 1 cup butter over low heat. Stir in sugar, water and corn syrup. Cook over medium high heat to boiling; stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. (Avoid splashing sides of pan.)
- Clip candy thermometer to pan. Continue to stir until thermometer reads 290 degrees F. or soft crack stage. Watch carefully the entire time so you don't burn or overcook!
- Once it has reached 290 degrees F. remove pan from heat and unclip thermometer. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan. *Be very careful so you do not burn yourself!* Chill pan in fridge until chilled and firm. Once firm, break toffee into big pieces.
- FOR COATING: Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Melt white chocolate wafers as directed on package. Carefully dip each piece of toffee into melted chocolate then place onto prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with the cinnamon sugar. Let stand until chocolate has set. Serve this delicious churro toffee and enjoy!
Recipe yields about 1½ pounds of toffee.