Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is always a hit at dinner time. Use a rotisserie chicken to make this even easier and faster!
Even in the dead heat of Summer we still crave warm comfort food. This Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole fits that bill. It is so delicious and ridiculously easy to make.
Broccoli is definitely our family’s favorite vegetable. I make it a lot. With broccoli being a main ingredient in this casserole, my kids are sure to eat it. And by eat it, I mean they scarf this stuff down!
The ingredients are very basic, I bet you already have all of them on hand. Serve this amazing casserole over rice and you’ll have one fabulous, complete meal!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen broccoli florets OR 2 cups fresh steamed chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Then add in all the remaining ingredients. Gently stir to combine mixture.Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spread out evenly. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cooked rice or egg noodles! (we prefer the rice) Enjoy ♥
24 thoughts on “Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole”
Total comfort food!
Wow, this looks fantastic. Must try soon:) Di
Wow! This is sooooo good! I halved the recipe and served with rice and salad. Definite must try!
Yum. My man loved this! I added chopped onion and crushed red pepper for spice. Give it a try if no kiddos are eating it 🙂
good basic recipe. As usual I can’t resist doing my own twist. I sauted garlic and crushed red peppers in olive oil and then added the chicken and mushrooms. Great flavor. Definitely do it again
This was a great dish. It was so easy to put together and my kids loved it!!
Holly, would this work in the crock pot too?
This is one of my picky 9 yr olds favorite meals! She always gets excited when this is on the menu. It’s very tasty and so easy to make.
I made this for dinner last night and it was absolutely DELICIOUS! Fed it to my picky husband, 1 year old and 3 year old and they all loved it. Will be adding this to my rotation.
Claudia, Yay! Glad it was a hit 🙂
Do you thaw or cook frozen broccoli? Or just mix it in as is (frozen)?
Lynda, I use the microwavable bag of broccoli, and will microwave it first before I add it in. 🙂
Can I use regular mayo and sour cream?
Either works fine. I’m not the biggest mayo fan so I like to use sour cream when I can.
I made this for supper tonight and it was very good! my family loved it!
This is also really nice with curry powder added (to taste). Thanks for the recipe!
Made this last night and it was delicious! I added curry powder and a can of sliced mushrooms…YUM YUM!!!!!!
Can you replace the mayo with more sour cream or miracle whip ?
Jes, yes definitely. Either one should work fine
To put it over the top is to add a little bit of curry powder! I wondered how I could have liked it without!! I am not fond of the Cream of Chicken soup, in this recipe I use 1 can of that and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup! For a half recipe I use the combo mix of Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup! I have even frozen it with cooked rice and reheated it was delicious! YUM!
This recipe was delicious, and very easy to make. Will definitely be making this again!
I love this recipe and it freezes well..