If you are looking for a yummy snack you have got to try these Ham and Cheese Roll Ups! The melted buttery dijon mustard gives these rolls an extra burst of flavor that pairs so well with the meat and cheese flavors.
Hey friends! Kathryn here from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog! If you are looking for a super quick and easy snack to make you have got to try these! I love trying out new recipes with good old fashioned crescent dough that I get more times then necessary when I’m at the grocery store. There is just something about those delicious rolls that you just crave and could eat with every meal if possible. Or is that just me?
These are extra meaty so you can eat them as a meal if you wish! I know that I love anything that involves crescent rolls because it makes everything extra buttery and delicious. When meat, cheese and crescent roll dough get rolled up and baked it’s perfection.You can even add triple the meat if you want- there are no limits as long as the dough doesn’t rip.
The melted buttery dijon mustard gives these rolls an extra burst of flavor that pairs so well with the meat and cheese flavors. I personally think Swiss cheese gives the rolls a nice mild and slightly sweet flavor. I also had leftovers so I heated on up for breakfast the next day (opps) and it still tasted great. Pizza dough would also work really well in this recipe but buttery crescent dough wins me over every time. The inside of these rolls are soft, gooey and cheesy. How can you resist that? Each bite of these rolls ups is full of hearty goodness. These are just crazy good and you have to try them.
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- 1 8 oz. tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 12 slices of swiss cheese; thinly sliced
- 6 slices of smoked ham
- 6 slices of smoked turkey
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds I used black and white
- 1 Tbsp. of green onions; thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the crescent dough and pinch the seams together so the dough forms a rectangle about 12 x 8 inches. Top with sliced ham and 4 slices of 6 slices of cheese. Then add sliced turkey and 6 more slices of cheese. Roll the rectangle from the long side and pinch the edges to seal.
- Cut the roll in half, then cut each roll into 6 slices. There should be a total of 12 roll ups. In the microwave, ,melt the butter, mustard, onion powder, sesame seeds, green green onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper for about 30-40 seconds.
- Place each roll up about an inch apart on the baking sheet. Once butter mixture is melted, give it a stir and brush the mixture on top of every roll up. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from: Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog