Chicken dishes are usually my go-to meals for weeknight dinners. They’re typically healthy and easy to throw together. This Malibu Chicken was a great way to change up chicken dinner night. It is one of the tastiest dishes I’ve made recently!
Crispy baked chicken with layers of ham and swiss cheese. The honey mustard sauce to dip it in is beyond delicious. It’s fancy enough to serve to guests, and easy enough for a simple family dinner. So flavorful and delicious. My entire family loved this one! 🙂
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise to form 2 thinner cutlets
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups Italian panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Whisk eggs together in a shallow bowl. In another bowl combine Italian panko bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken cutlet into the egg mixture then immediately press both sides into the bread crumb mixture. Place coated chicken in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and layer one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on top of each chicken. Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While chicken bakes whisk together honey mustard sauce ingredients.
- Serve chicken warm with sauce on the side. Enjoy!