I was looking for a fun dessert for our 4th of July dinner last week. I wanted something easy and no-bake. When I found this yummy S’mores Pudding Cake I KNEW it would be a great choice. I love pudding cakes like this. They couldn’t be easier to make. In fact, it’s so easy I had Kelsey make it for me. She loves helping me cook and bake lately. I am definitely letting go of control in the kitchen and I am reaping all the benefits! 😉
There are layers of graham crackers, chocolate pudding and marshmallow goodness inside this cake. Just like a S’mores treat but in cake form! I topped it off with extra marshmallows, crushed graham crackers and chocolate syrup. We all really loved it!
- 1 (3.9 oz.) box JELLO instant chocolate pudding
- 1½ cups milk
- 9 graham crackers (broken crosswise so you have 18 squares)
- 1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes until combined. Place in fridge for 5 minutes to chill and thicken.
- Place 9 graham crackers squares in bottom of a 9x9-inch glass baking pan. (They may overlap.)
- Add cool whip to pudding. Stir to combine. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers in pan. Top with remaining graham crackers and spread the rest of pudding over those graham crackers.
- Top with marshmallows and chocolate syrup. You can add some more crushed graham crackers over the top as well. Cover and chill dessert for at least 3 hours before serving.
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: KRAFT