Broccoli is a vegetable I add often to our meals. When I came across this recipe for broccoli stuffed chicken, I was intrigued, and knew my family would love it! 🙂 Broccoli and mozzarella cheese stuffed inside chicken breasts. They were juicy, moist and so flavorful. Lot’s of broccoli goodness going on!
These are simple to prepare, and work great for an easy weeknight meal. I saved time by using a bag of frozen broccoli, and cooked it in the microwave before I rolled it in the chicken. I wanted to make sure it would be soft and hot within the chicken. We ate the leftover broccoli with the chicken, and it was a perfect meal. Even my kids approved 🙂
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise (you'll have 6 thin cutlets total)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. ( I like to buy the microwavable bag)
- Whisk the egg in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Lay the 6 chicken cutlets out on a flat surface. Add one slice of cheese over the chicken and top cheese with 3-4 broccoli florets. Wrap up the sides of the chicken over the filling and secure with toothpicks. (The filling may not be fully covered and that's ok)
- Dip the chicken rolls in the egg. Let excess drip off. Then dip in the breadcrumbs to coat entirely. Place coated chicken on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Yields: 6 servings