These Brownie Cookies with Mint Frosting are amazing. They are chocolate brownies in cookie form, slathered with mint frosting. My two favorite combos!
My last day at the ENT office was Monday. It was a super emotional day. I didn’t think I would cry all day, but I did. 🙁 I will miss that job a lot, and seeing my co-workers every day, but I’m excited and ready to kick this blog into full gear. I have a bazillion recipes I want to share, and projects in the works, so get ready for some fun new changes around here! 🙂
My kids are out of school this week for Spring Break, so we did a little spring cleaning, had a picnic at the park, and made these Brownie Cookies with Mint Frosting! I’d say it was a pretty successful first day working from home!
St. Patrick’s Day is next week so I thought should get a green recipe up on the ol’ blog. These cookies are pretty much amazing. They are chocolate brownies in cookie form, slathered with mint frosting. My two favorite combos!
Brownie Cookies with Mint Frosting
- FOR BROWNIES:
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- FOR FROSTING:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter softened to room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring
- FOR BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chopped chocolate and butter. Microwave, at 30 second intervals, until chocolate is melted. Stir to combine. Set aside and let mixture cool 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk mixture together to combine. Pour the cooled chocolate into the egg mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover bowl with saran wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop 2 Tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake! Leave to cool on the baking sheets.
- FOR FROSTING: Using an electric-mixer, beat the powdered sugar and butter until combined. Slowly add in cream or milk, until frosting reaches your desired consistency. Add the peppermint extract and green food coloring; mix until thoroughly combined. Frost cooled cookies with frosting. Sprinkle tops with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
11 thoughts on “Brownie Cookies with Mint Frosting”
These look delish!! I adore chocolate and mint. Making them asap!
Oh my gosh! Beautiful and gorgeous pictures. I’ll be making these tomorrow, miss! Thank you Thank you!
These look yummy! You will do great with this!
Brownie cookies are totally on my bucket list. I love these! Mint + brownies are the best. Congrats on your next chapter – you’re going to rock it!
Thanks so much, Dorothy ❤️
i love brownie cookies! they are the best chocolate cookie. congrats to blogging full time now. looking forward to your recipes =)
Made these and they were flat???
Ellen, they are typically not very puffy cookies. Mine aren’t too puffy, as you can see in the pics. If yours we’re flatter than mine maybe you didn’t chill the dough long enough? Not sure what happened.
Made two batches today and they turned out delicious! We even aye some without the frosting. They are really good!
Love brownie anything, your brownies looks delicious 🙂
check out my Hot Fudge Cake post today
Omg! These look just awesome! Tomorrow is my “baking day” and I will definitely try this! 🙂