Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad is filled with grilled chicken, bow tie pasta and more. Serve with your favorite dressing for a super delicious lunch or dinner.
This salad is a popular one, always served at baby and bridal showers I have been to. It’s really simple, yet delicious, containing bow tie pasta noodles, grilled seasoned chicken, chopped romaine lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
When I serve this at parties I like to have lots of different dressings on the table, so the guests can choose whichever kind they like! My favorite is ranch dressing or creamy poppy seed. Talk about yum! I also like to have separate bowls of croutons, and shredded parmesan cheese next to it, so they can pile on as much or as little as they want.
Serve this salad with some warm breadsticks, and it’s the perfect meal!
Chicken Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 4 to 5 heads romaine lettuce, rinsed then chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- 1 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 to 2 cups cherry tomatoes, rinsed then sliced
- seasoned croutons
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted dressings: Ranch, Creamy Poppyseed, Caesar, Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Rinse the romaine lettuce in water, then pat dry with paper towels. Chop. Place chopped lettuce in a large serving bowl, cover and place in fridge to chill.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and lemon-pepper seasoning. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil on a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set cooked chicken on a platter. Cover with foil and let rest a few minutes before slicing into bite-size pieces.
- While chicken is cooking, boil the farfalle (bow tie pasta) noodles in a large pot of water; according to package directions. Drain water, then rinse pasta with cold water to stop cooking process, and to cool.
- Assemble salad: Add the cooked chicken pieces, cooled pasta and cherry tomatoes to the bowl of romaine lettuce. Toss with salad tongs. Serve salad with assorted dressings, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy ♥