Is anyone else sick of the weather being bipolar? One day it’s freezing cold and windy, and the next it’s in the 70’s and I’m changing into shorts! Maybe I’m just anxious for Summer to begin already. I can’t wait to take the kiddos swimming, lay out in my back yard and live in my Flip Flops.
Oh wait. I’m already living in my Flip Flops…. Love em’!
I’m happy to be back with a new and DELISH dinner idea for you! This Chicken Parmesan Bake is one of the easiest and most delicious dinners to make! It’s not the prettiest thing to look at, but it tastes wonderful! I loved the crunchy topping of croutons. You could always crush them so their not so chunky and big, but that would just take more time. I’m all about fast and easy, and that’s what this dish is!
Chicken Parmesan Bake
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 5 ounce package garlic croutons
- In a 9×13 baking dish spread the olive oil and garlic evenly over the bottom. Lay the chicken breasts on top. Pour the marinara sauce over the tops of chicken breasts and then sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the marinara sauce. Layer croutons over the cheese. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- *(During the last 10 minutes of cooking you may need to lay a piece of tin foil over the top to prevent cheese from burning)