I usually get one request for breakfast from my family, and that’s waffles. I like to make them from scratch, and sometimes use the handy box of Bisquick.
I loved these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes so much, that I decided to do the same thing with our beloved waffles! These waffles are a little easier than the pancakes. You don’t have to swirl the cinnamon mixture into the batter, you just drizzle it over the top, along with the delicious cream cheese glaze. 🙂
These waffles are decadent and super-delicious!
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon grond cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- For waffles: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into waffle iron grid and close the lid. Bake until waffles are done. Use a fork to remove finished waffles. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep waffles warm until ready to serve (a 200 degree oven).
- For cinnamon topping: In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
- For cream cheese glaze: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl heat butter and cream cheese for 30 to 60 seconds; just until melted. Stir together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Place waffle on plate, drizzle cinnamon topping and cream cheese glaze. Serve and enjoy!