Homemade waffles are drizzled with a buttery, cinnamon-sugar topping and a sweet cream cheese glaze. These Cinnamon Roll Waffles are a breakfast worthy of royalty!
You are in for a real treat with these Cinnamon Roll Waffles! They’re the best of both worlds combined into one insanely indulgent waffle. They are a breeze to make, and result in ultimate cinnamon roll heaven!
These delicious waffles start out with a simple homemade batter that is cooked until they’re moist on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside. A cinnamon-sugar mixture is drizzled over the top, followed by a generous pour of a sweet cream cheese glaze. This is the breakfast of champions, in my book. 😉
What makes these extra delicious is the fact that the cream cheese glaze soaks into the waffles giving you pure sweetness in every bite. Not only that, every bite will also greet you with nothing but pure cinnamon bliss.
Do you know what’s better than a light and airy waffle topped with buttery cinnamon-sugar and cream cheese? You guessed it, TWO waffles! Or three, who’s really counting anyways? 😉
HOW LONG DO CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES LAST?
These can last up to 2 days when covered and stored in the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES?
Yes, you can! But without the cinnamon topping or cream cheese glaze. Store the cooked, cooled waffles in a large freezer-safe Ziplock bag, squeezing out as much air as possible.
They will stay good for up to one month in your freezer.
I suggest reheating the frozen waffles in a toaster, so you maintain that crispy outside and soft inside.
CAN THEY BE MADE AHEAD?
They can, but I always say fresh is best. You can make the waffles a day ahead and just keep them covered up in the fridge until you’re ready for them. I prefer to reheat them in a toaster. Then add the cream cheese glaze and cinnamon topping after they are warmed.
CAN YOU USE A DIFFERENT BATTER?
If you don’t have the time to make a waffle from scratch, no worries! Feel free to use a boxed batter and make it according to the instructions on the back. You could also use your own homemade batter if you’d like, what really matters is that the cinnamon topping and cream cheese glaze ends up on top of them! 🙂
Liked this cinnamon roll inspired recipe? Try these other cinnamon filled treats!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes: pancakes filled with swirls of cinnamon and sugar that are then topped with a cream cheese glaze.
Cinnamon Roll Cake: a moist and buttery cinnamon cake with a creamy vanilla glaze drizzled over the top.
Copycat Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon French Toast: decadent cinnamon French toast topped with a homemade caramel syrup.
Perfect Cinnamon Rolls: the most delicious, soft and fluffy cinnamon rolls you’ll ever eat!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- milk, for thinning (if needed)
- For waffles: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into waffle iron grid and close the lid. Bake until waffles are done. Use a fork to remove finished waffles. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep waffles warm until ready to serve (a 200 degree oven).
- For cinnamon topping: In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
- For cream cheese glaze: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl heat butter and cream cheese for 30 to 60 seconds; just until melted. Stir together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the tops of waffles with the cinnamon topping and cream cheese glaze. Serve and enjoy!