Cinnamon Roll Cake is a moist and buttery cinnamon cake with a creamy vanilla glaze drizzled over the top. If you love cinnamon rolls, then you’ll absolutely love this gooey cake!
Cinnamon Roll Cake is a moist and buttery cinnamon cake with a creamy vanilla glaze drizzled over the top. If you love cinnamon rolls, then you’ll absolutely love this gooey cake! Serve it for breakfast, brunch or a late night dessert for one tasty treat. No matter when you choose to devour it, you won’t be disappointed! 🙂
I have to say, one of life’s greatest pleasures is that first bite into a warm, gooey and melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon roll. Actually, just cinnamon rolls in general are a pleasure-you can’t convince me otherwise. Now to have one in cake form? Are you kidding me? That’s just pure bliss right there.
You will transcend into complete cinnamon roll heaven when you take a bite of this cake. It’s all the things you love about a classic cinnamon roll but in one of the best forms possible. Because who doesn’t love a light, cinnamon and glaze soaked cake? Only a weirdo, that’s who.😉
I was actually kind of surprised at how light and not too sweet this cake was, but then again I’ve never thought any dessert was too sweet, so don’t quote me on that.
One nice thing about this recipe is if you’re not feeling up to making the cake from scratch, you could use a cake mix instead. A white or yellow cake mix would make the best alternatives, but if you want to mix things up you could also use a devil’s food cake mix. Then you would have the most rich and chocolate cinnamon roll cake that would just be to die for.
I would ask for you to save me a slice, but I know it’s a waste of breath because once you make it for yourself, you won’t want to share. 😉
MORE DELICIOUS CAKE RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
The taste of cinnamon rolls in cake form. This cake is great for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking Powder
- 1 ½ cups milk (I use 2%)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°. Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- FOR CAKE: In an electric stand mixer, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until just combined. Then slowly mix in melted butter. Pour batter into the prepared pan, spreading out evenly.
- FOR TOPPING: In a large bowl mix the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon together until well combined and creamy. Drop evenly over the batter, by the tablespoonfuls, and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake cake for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out nearly clean. Remove cake from oven and let stand at least 15 to 30 minutes before topping with glaze.
- FOR GLAZE: In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Drizzle evenly over the warm cake. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!