I ♥ this pasta dish. It’s a copy-cat version of the one I order all the time at The Pasta Factory ( which is a popular, locally owned restaurant where I live) This is one of the few healthy choices there, and it is so yummy!
I came up with this version the first year Kale and I were married. We love it, and he always requests it! The winning ingredient is the Yoshida’s Gourmet Marinade Sauce. It’s that same great sauce I use for our favorite Oriental Chicken Salads.
This dish is loaded with grilled chicken and veggies! I like to use whole wheat Linguine to go with it, but you could always use the plain kind if you’re not a fan of the wheat. Either way, this pasta is a winner!
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Marinade (found at Costco and Albertsons)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed/cooked
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces (1/2 lb) Linguine noodles
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the linguine noodles and cook according to package directions. (While noodles are boiling, start cooking the chicken.)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the diced chicken and cook until chicken turns white and is no longer pink on the inside. About 10-12 minutes.
- In a small skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until soft. (10 minutes or so) Once softened add to the cooked chicken.
- Once chicken is completely cooked, pour in the gourmet sauce, minced garlic and paprika. Stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 5-8 more minutes, or until marinade is thoroughly heated and slightly thickened. Add in the cooked broccoli last.
- When linguine is done cooking drain the water and then add noodles into the chicken/marinde mixture. Stir to combine and then serve in individual bowls.
- Enjoy ♥