Szechuan Chicken is an easy and healthy meal your family will love. The teriyaki gourmet sauce gives it so much flavor, and the linguine pasta makes it that comfort food we all love!
This Szechuan Chicken recipe is filled with veggies, linguine noodles and chicken all covered in a delicious teriyaki gourmet sauce. It is so easy to make and ready in no-time! It makes for a terrific dinner when you’re in need of something simple yet bursting with flavor!
Szechuan chicken is typically made with red chili or cayenne peppers to give it a little heat, but I personally am not the biggest fan when it comes to all things spicy. I created this version for my own personal taste preference, and you can too! If you prefer that spicy flavor then definitely add in those red chili flakes or cayenne!
One of the many amazing things about this dish is how versatile and completely customizable it is. You want to make it greener and a little bit healthier? Go ahead and add more veggies! Want more of a powerful flavor? Add more garlic! You can even swap out the linguine noodles with your favorite pasta.
They key ingredient for this recipe is the Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Marinade (the same one I use in my family’s favorite Asian Chicken Salads.) I couldn’t make this dish without it! It gives the chicken, noodles and veggies that sweet and savory flavor that is totally addicting and mouth-watering!
You can find the Yoshida’s Gourmet Sauce at most grocery stores, and you can always order it on Amazon. I not only use the sauce in this recipe, but many others. It’s a pantry staple at my house. 🙂
If you’re constantly craving Chinese food and sick of paying for expensive takeout, then this recipe is for you! You can make this delicious dish from the comfort of your own home and for way less. What’s not to love?
Looking for more healthy and delicious dinner ideas? Try these:
- 1/2 pound linguine noodles
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces (season with a pinch of salt and pepper)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 cup Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup broccoli florets cooked or steamed
- Cook linguine noodles in a medium pot of water according to package directions. (While noodles are boiling, start cooking the chicken.)
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. (about 12 minutes or so.) Remove cooked chicken to a large plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers. Cook and stir until soft. Once softened, add cooked chicken back to skillet.
- Pour in Yoshida's Gourmet sauce, minced garlic and paprika. Stir well. Reduce heat to low and let mixture slightly slimmer for 5 minutes, or until marinade is thoroughly heated and slightly thickened. Stir in cooked broccoli.
- When linguine is done cooking drain the water. Add cooked noodles to the chicken mixture last. Gently stir to combine and then serve in individual bowls. Enjoy!