Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is full of savory chicken, rice and vegetables. The teriyaki sauce gives it outstanding flavor. This delicious meal is one your family will love!
First off, I must say I have to give Carrian from the amazing food blog Oh Sweet Basil top notch credit for this fantastic recipe! If you are looking for an incredible, delicious and healthy meal to feed your family- this is it!
This Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is one you’ll love and even the kiddos too.
I think casseroles get a bad rap, and I can totally see why. Especially when they’re packed with a bunch of processed ingredients and cream-of-whatever soups everyone loves to hate. (I use them but not all the time.) For me though, I adore a good casserole. As a main or side dish. They’re comforting, yummy and usually pretty darn easy to whip up. I love that.
This one happens to be full of ingredients that are good for you and it is so delicious! When I made it for dinner the other week it hit a home run with my family. When my quiet hubby raves about a meal while we’re eating- I know it’s a winner. This will make an appearance often in the dinner rotation. 🙂
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
Serves: 4 to 6
- ¾ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz.) bag stir-fry vegetables (Can be found in the produce section)
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine soy sauce, ½ cup water, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove lid and cook for one minute once boiling.
- Meanwhile, stir together the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a separate dish until smooth. Once sauce is boiling, add mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken then remove from heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared pan. Pour one cup of the sauce over top of chicken. Place chicken in oven and bake 35 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and shred chicken in the dish using two forks.
- *Meanwhile, steam or cook the vegetables according to package directions.
- Add the cooked vegetables and cooked rice to the casserole dish with the chicken. Add most of the remaining sauce, reserving a bit to drizzle over the top when serving. Gently toss everything together in the casserole dish until combined. Return to oven and cook 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle each serving with remaining sauce. Enjoy!
TO FREEZE: Prepare casserole up until baking point. Do not bake. Cover pan tightly with foil (I also like to use the foil disposable pans when freezing this recipe.) Place in freezer. Stays good frozen for 2 months. To heat place pan in fridge to thaw for 24 hours then bake as directed.