We invited Kale’s Mom and sister over for dinner Sunday night. We had so much fun and it was a delicious dinner!
A few days before, I asked his sister to decide what I should make. I gave her the choice between a roast with mashed potatoes or this spaghetti casserole. Needless to say, she chose the casserole. I’m so happy she did. We all really loved it!
I found the original recipe over at Plain Chicken, but changed things up a tiny bit. I was really pleased with the end result but thought next time I’m going to add more sauce. This recipe is for sure a winner. This will be added to our dinner rotation often!!
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb. lean ground Beef
- 1 to 2 jars 24 ounces each of spaghetti sauce* see note
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook & crumble ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain any grease. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles in a large pot of water according to package directions. Drain water and then place hot noodles back into the empty pot. Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning and dried basil to noodles. Stir and combine until cream cheese has melted and noodles are all coated.
- Spread a small amount of meat sauce evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour noodles over the top and spread out evenly. Pour the meat sauce mixture over the noodles and sprinkle evenly with both cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving. Enjoy!
*I like to use about one and a half jars of spaghetti sauce because we like our baked spaghetti extra saucy. *You can easily cut this recipe in half and bake in a 8x8-inch square baking dish to serve 6.