White Texas Sheet Cake is an almond-scented cake that can feed a crowd. This delicious dessert is perfect to make for holidays and parties!
This White Texas Sheet Cake is an amazing idea for any holiday or celebration! I recently made it for our 4th of July party and it turned out to be such a big hit. It is heavenly and moist, and the almond-scented frosting makes it even more delicious. I think it may just be new favorite cake at the moment.
Okay, so that being said, you need to make this tasty dessert as soon as you can! I ♥ Chocolate Texas sheet cake, but I had never heard of a white version until I was doing some browsing on All Recipes.com. I thought this would taste great, especially because it calls for almond extract instead of vanilla.
The results were incredible. My entire family loved it so much, and I know you will love it too! If you’re looking for the perfect dessert to feed a crowd, this is it!
MORE CAKE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
White Texas Sheet Cake
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For Cake:In a medium saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add flour and sugar. Mix. Then add in eggs, sour cream, almond extract, baking soda and salt.Slowly pour in the boiling butter/water mixture. Stir with a spatula until well combined and smooth. (No need to use an electric mixer!)
- Pour batter into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet.Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool cake for about 20 minutes.
- For Frosting:In a large saucepan, combine butter and milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, and then stir in sugar and extract. Stir until smooth and all combined. Spread over warm cake. Decorate cake with sprinkles, if desired.