Remember when I was admitting my carb addiction… I wasn’t kidding. Potatoes are another big love of mine. I could eat french fries all day long if they weren’t so bad for you. These Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes are so delicious! They’re a little different from the common twice-baked potato that have bacon and green onion. These ones are packed full of flavor with sour cream, ranch dressing, garlic powder and my most favorite veggie ever… broccoli.
This is a perfect side dish to bring along to your 4th of July barbecue! Or if you’re looking for an easy dinner to make on weeknights, you could whip these up and have a side salad to go with it. When I made them for us that’s exactly what we did. It was a perfect meatless, yet satisfying meal!
Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets steamed (or use frozen broccoli and microwave according to pkg directions)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash and poke holes in each potato. Cover each in foil. Bake at 400 F° for 1 hour.
- **Potatoes will obviously be hot when they’re done! Use a hot pad or kitchen towel while handling the potatoes**
- Carefully remove potatoes from oven and unwrap the foil. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the insides leaving a 1/4 inch in the skin. Place all the scooped out middles in a large bowl. Set the potato skins onto a cookie sheet.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork, mash only until lumpy, not smooth. Then add the broccoli, ranch dressing, sour cream, garlic powder and ONE cup of the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix together well.
- Spoon the mixture into each of the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
28 thoughts on “Broccoli and Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes”
I love carbs too, and I love twice baked potatoes. My easy shortcut though is skip the sour cream and the Ranch and substitute Dean’s french onion instead. So good! Thanks for sharing 🙂
I’ve never made twice baked potatoes but I love eating them! Having the broccoli in them will make me feel less guilty about all the carbs and cheese in them! Bookmarked!
Those look delicious. I have made similar potatoes, but never with broccoli. This recipe is a must try.
Wow its like you read my mind! I have never made twice baked potatoes before but really wanted to give them a try this week and now that I have this yummy recipe I will definitely be giving them a try! Im with Haley on the broccoli to 🙂
These look fantastic! I’ve never put broccoli in my twice baked potatoes…but a little green sounds delicious~
Sounds wonderful! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing.
My life would not be complete without potatoes!!! haha This sounds right up my alley!
These look great!
Thanks for sharing.
Love from spain
Jason’s Deli got me started eating Cheddar Broccoli Soup over my baked potato….so, I am definately, FOR SURE trying this!
They look delicious!
This looks delicious! I love it that you added broccoli! I love potatoes, any way it is done! I cannot imagine not having potatoes at all! Bookmarking this! Thank you!
Okay…this is really dangerous food. I can eat probably 4 pieces (or maybe more?). I love potatoes and now this is with cheese on top. What a great dish. I must bookmark this before I go. 😉
Mmmm. Potatoes are just the best thing ever. These look awesome Holly 😀
You had me at twice baked potato!!!!! YUM
Pure genius!! I am definitely going to be making these this week!
Just added these to our weekly menu : D excited to try them!
These sound absolutely delightful. I love double stuffed potatoes and your filling sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary
These look so delicious. I’ve only ever had them the “traditional” way, but I love the idea of adding broccoli to them!
This is the perfect comfort dish. What a great side dish for a summertime barbecue.
It is vegetarian week at Get Grillin’ we would love if you submitted up to any 3 recipes (they don’t have to be grilled) to our link up. This one would be perfect!
This week we have a ManPans giveaway. https://bit.ly/k1tKeY
Such a great dinner idea. I have yet to make twice baked potatoes. They look awesome, broccoli is my fav too!
This is a WOW dish…Yummy…i love potatoes…
I think I’m gonna add some bacon bits to these and maybe some chives. Then they would be fully-loaded potato nirvana.
I missed this one! WTH? I need to make these soon.
A lot of your recipes remind me of something MKF Fisher’s book “how to cook a wolf” this type of cooking goes against all things I learned growing up as a kid about a “balanced meal” but I can see now that you can have a deliciously nutritious meal without having to have a meat, a carb, a veggie, and a dessert to finish. I like your ideas!
These were fabulous!